If there are documents that require a Notary, you may have to come to our office for that one task, but you can bring your own pen if you like to minimize the spread of germs.
Bottom line: don’t put off updating your documents or putting your affairs in order because of concern over this virus threat.
Birmingham Estate Planning & Elder Law Firm
The Alabama Elder Care Law Firm, formally known as Nolan Elder Law and Estate Planning, is a niche practice. While some law firms attempt to meet every conceivable legal need, we have chosen a different approach. Our focus is narrow but deep. We work with seniors every day. We work with families needing estate planning every day. We work with families who have lost loved ones and now they face probate. We work with families who have members with special needs. We work with veterans. We work with Medicaid applicants. We make house-calls on individuals who are shut-ins. That is what we do.
If you have other legal needs, we have many friends who work in divorce, bankruptcy, criminal defense, medical malpractice, nursing-home abuse and personal injury. We can make referrals on your behalf. We have found that the best way to choose an attorney is not by the number of billboards he might purchase. Contact us if you have legal needs in other areas of the law. We are happy to make the referral for you.
- Your mom and dad are getting older. They could be the pictures of health, but you still need to talk to them about the importance of having a comprehensive care plan in mind.Read More »
- Tis the season for gift-giving! One of a parent’s (or grandparent’s) greatest sources of pleasure is to make a gift to a child or grandchild. Whether the gifts are holiday gifts or wedding or birthday gifts, “helping out” is something seniors take great pride in. Even if their world is …Read More »
- Not so fast! You probably already know what a Power of Attorney is designed to accomplish. It will allow a named person, called the Agent, to conduct financial transactions for someone else, called the Principal. This includes buying and selling cars, real property and investment assets. It also includes the …Read More »
- There comes a time in many middle-aged couple’s lives when one or both of them are faced with “making plans” for their elderly parents. If this hasn’t happened to you yet and your parents are still alive, keep reading! If you have friends who have elderly parents, please read and …Read More »
- If you based your assumptions about lawyers from what you see on TV, you might assume that all lawyers are wealthy, drive expensive cars, wear expensive suits, work in high-rise offices and spend a great deal of time carrying a brief case in one hand while talking on a cellphone …Read More »
I worked with Bill and Jennifer during the most difficult time of my life…
I worked with Bill Nolan and Jennifer Taylor during the most difficult time of my life doing the probate on my mother’s estate. They were always available for advice regarding that. They were always very prompt and efficient with their communication and their duties regarding the estate. I am very grateful for the timely help they gave me. This was also during the unprecedented times of lockdown and the pandemic, and while everything was uncertain and confusing, my dealings with them were always very smooth. I am very grateful for their help during this time and highly recommend them.
A Great Experience
In the past year I have had the pleasure of working with Bill Nolan and Jennifer Taylor regarding my parents estate. We revised their wills and did some minor changes in their estate. The experience was great!! Both Bill and Jennifer were incredibly nice and explained everything in terms that we could understand. Everything was done in a very good timely manner. They were always available for questions or concerns. Great experience at Nolan Elder Law and Estate Planning, LLC.
Peace of Mind
First made aware of Nolan Elder Law and Estate Planning via organization of which I was a member when my spouse was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimers.
Facing the prospect of decision-making on major financial and health issues, I contacted Nolan Elder Law for advice.
Supportive, professional, and personable are words I use to describe the Nolan EL&EP staff in addition to being patient and willing to answer interminable questions.
Peace of mind was and is a huge plus for my situation, for which Nolan EL&EP is largely responsible.
I recommend this firm to anyone needing expert advice in elder law, most certainly where a spouse is suffering from declining cognitive abilities.
I can’t thank Bill Nolan and Jennifer Taylor enough…
I can’t thank Bill Nolan And Jennifer Taylor enough from The Nolan Elder Law Office. They are so knowledgeable and helped my parents and I navigate not only estate planning but veteran administration questions and checklists, power of attorney, wills, advanced directives, etc.
Being able to sit down and go through all their concerns and questions and have a person put together a plan was a God’s send. They are always available for questions. We really think of them as family because they treat us that way. Their patience and understanding is a comfort. Thanks guys. We could not do this without you.
We were not disappointed
Despite having no prior experience with either Mr. Nolan or Ms. Taylor, we selected them to assist us with the development of an estate plan. We were not disappointed. Mr. Nolan was not only quite knowledgeable in his area of expertise, but unlike some other attorneys, extremely cordial and genuinely interested in helping us to resolve a number of issues. Ms. Taylor was very responsive to our telephone inquiries and seem to never tire of answering our endless questions. Mr. Nolan and Ms. Taylor make a good team. We are fortunate to have them in the Birmingham area and we can highly recommend them without reservation or qualification.